Humanitarian of the Year Award
The entry deadline is October 15 at 12pm.
Our judging panel will be reviewing all applications until October 30. Finalists will be notified by the judging panel in early November. The award winners will be announced at the Irish Red Cross Humanitarian Awards Ball on November 24th 2018 at the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, Dublin 4.
This humanitarian award is the highest honour bestowed by the Irish Red Cross on an individual for exceptional humanitarian achievement. The individual will not only have demonstrated extraordinary leadership but will have made a positive difference in the lives of others. This individual will also have inspired others to make societal change a reality.
Entrants for the award may be self-nominated, or nominated by others. The nominee’s achievements are not restricted to a particular time period – all historical achievements may be included in the entry. Please provide supplementary information to support the entry (such as photos and videos) where prompted on the entry form.
Entries will be judged on the following:
- How the nominee(s) made an outstanding contribution to humanitarian work/ issues
- How many people were impacted / reached / influenced / educated by the work of the nominee(s)
- How much of a lasting impact the nominee(s) is making on the lives of others
- How the nominee(s) and/ or their story is inspiring others to make change
- How compelling you tell your / your nominee(s) story